If you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine, you’re probably familiar with the refried beans Mexican recipe. This classic side dish is a staple of many Mexican dishes, and it’s not hard to see why. Rich, creamy, and flavorful, refried beans are the perfect complement to everything from tacos to enchiladas.
But have you ever tried making your own refried beans at home? It’s easier than you might think, and the results are so much better than anything you can get from a can.
To make this delicious Mexican recipe, you’ll need:
- 2 cups of cooked pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of water
- Grated cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro for garnish
Instructions to make refried beans Mexican recipe:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the cooked beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add the water and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the beans are heated through and the liquid has reduced.
- Using a potato masher or immersion blender, mash the beans until they are smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a little more water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve the refried beans hot, garnished with grated cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.
These homemade Mexican recipe refried beans are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. They’re healthier and tastier than anything you can get from a can, and they’re so easy to make. Give this recipe a try and discover just how delicious homemade refried beans can be.